Teachers will receive an email notification when their supervisor initiates the formal observation process.
The Formal Observation process has three main phases, including the Pre-Observation, Classroom Observation, and Post-Observation phases.
Steps in the Process
- Step 1 – Teacher completes the pre-observation questionnaire… and Submits
- Step 2 – Teacher meets with supervisor (pre-observation conference)
- Step 3 – Supervisor completes classroom observation and scripts evidence… and Submits
- Step 4 – Teacher reviews evidence (adds comments if needed)… and Submits
- Step 5 – Teacher completes the post-observation questionnaire… and Submits
- Step 6 – Teacher completes the self-assessment rubric… and Submits
- Step 7 – Supervisor reviews and completes the self-assessment rubric… and Submits
- Step 8 - Teacher meets with supervisor (post-observation conference)
- Step 9 – Supervisor completes observation summary form… and Submits
- Step 10 – Teacher and supervisor authenticate the observation
Learn and see more...
- Slide Show of the Formal Observation process for Teachers, click here.
- Slide Show of the Formal Observation process for Supervisors, click here.
- Pre-Observation Questionnaire, click here.
- Post-Observation Questionnaire, click here.