Depending upon the situation, Support Staff can be added to PA-ETEP in any of the following ways: (1) bulk onboarding, (2) adding users manually, or (3) end user self-registration. Directions for each option are listed below.
Note - We recommend the bulk onboarding process for the initial onboarding of support staff. After the initial onboarding is completed and when new support staff are hired in the future, you can use the onboarding option that best fits your needs (i.e., bulk onboarding, manually adding users, and/or self-registration).
Directions for Adding Support Staff in Bulk (User Onboarding)
From the Administration menu item, select User Onboarding. Follow the onscreen directions for adding your support staff.
- Download template
- Add support staff users and support staff supervisors to the template
- Enter district email address, first name and last name
- Mark with an X the Support Staff role column OR the Support Staff Supervisor role column as appropriate
- Ignore all other columns (leave blank)
- Do not change, edit, or remove the column headers
- Save as CSV file
- Upload template
- This process must be completed by a School Admin User (portal manager).
- This process can be repeated as many times as necessary. This process is especially helpful for adding numerous users at one time, but can also be used for adding a few users (new hires) in the future.
- When adding support staff users and support staff supervisors to the template, use district email address.
- This process does not notify the user of their account. You will need to communicate with users separately to inform them about their PA-ETEP account and to provide access. The first time a new user accesses PA-ETEP they should go to your district's PA-ETEP portal and select Reset Password. This will allow the user to create their own secure password and log in for the first time.
Directions for Adding Support Staff Manually (one at a time)
- From the list or roles on the left, select the desired role of the new user (Support Staff or Support Staff Supervisor)
- In the upper left hand corner, click "Create User."
- Fill in all required fields, then...
- Select whether to notify the user of the new account
- Next, click on the Authorize Account button
- Repeat the process as needed for other user(s)
Directions for Having Support Staff Self-Register
- From your district's portal log-in page, the new Support Staff user should select Register.
- Fill in the required fields
- Ensure the correct client portal is selected
- Select appropriate building
- Enter first name
- Enter last name
- Enter district email address
- For type, select Support Staff
- Enter secure password
- Reenter secure password
- Click Register
- Once the Register button is selected, an email will be sent to the end user. The end user must open the email and click on the Verification link. Once, verified the account is active.
Note - Support Staff Supervisors should not self-register. Support Staff Supervisors should be manually added by a School District Admin (portal manager) user. See directions above for adding a user manually to PA-ETEP.
Important Notes - PA-ETEP allows clients to add their support staff to their portal so that all employees can be evaluated in one place. In order to evaluate support staff, clients must add the Custom Form Module to their portal (if not already included) AND sign an amendment to purchase licenses for support staff employees. For more information about adding the Custom Form Module and/or support staff, contact our sales department at Contact Us. Click here to learn more about the Custom Form Module.