Act 13 of 2020 revised the Act 82 Educator Effectiveness (EE) process used to evaluate professional employees in PK-12 education across the commonwealth. These revisions take effect for the 2021-22 school year and beyond.
As part of the Act 13 changes, a new template is available for principals, assistant principals, vice principals, directors of career and technical education, and supervisors of special education. The new template is called Principal Performance Goals (PPG) and is posted on PDE's Standards Aligned System for review. Overall, this template and process is designed to facilitate active participation in the evaluation process while... 1) Improving the school leader’s effectiveness, and 2) Fostering collaboration among colleagues.
- The PPG template has been built into PAETEP so that principals, assistant principals, vice principals, directors of career and technical education, and supervisors of special education can complete it electronically and submit to their supervisor for review.
- The PPG can be used in place of the Principal SLO. However, LEA's may elect to continue to use the Principal SLO process rather than the new PPG template. It is a LEA decision.
- Regardless of the LEA's choice to use the new PPG or Principal SLO process, the final score earned by the administrator on the PPG or Principal SLO will constitute 20% of an administrator's final summative score on the 82/13-2 form.
How to Complete an PPG within PAETEP
- Login to PAETEP
- Click on My Supervision
- From the Performance Goals section, click Create New and select Performance Goal and the appropriate supervisor (see screen grab)
- Complete the Beginning of Year Action Plan and submit to your supervisor for review and approval (see screen grab)
- Once approved, return to the PPG to provide a Mid Year update and Year End update
Note - Help prompts and a reference to the PPG template are provided throughout the module.