According to Act 13, a 13-3 Annual Rating form should be completed once per year on Professional Employees who are considered educational specialists, instructional professionals other than classroom teachers, and supervisory professionals other than supervisors of special education.
Note - For Temporary Professional Employees, a 13-3 Semi Annual rating form should be completed twice per year. The final score on the Semi Annual rating form will be driven 100% by Observation and Practice domain ratings.
Completing a 13-3 Annual Rating Form (Webinar Recording)
- Log into PAETEP
- Locate the desired professional employee
- Create a New 13 Form (see screen screen grab below)
- Select 13-3
- Select school year
- Complete the required fields (see screen screen grab below)
- Enter Rating Date
- Select Building/School
- Select Annual
- For Observation and Practice - Enter four domain ratings (Note - Click on and view available evidence via the green information icons next to each domain and next to the user's name.)
- For Building Level Score - Select the appropriate option and enter the required data (Note - Building Level Scores are not available until the fall when PDE publishes the data.)
- Select Professional Employee
- Enter Period Ending Date
- Select Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory
- Save, Sign and Submit the form
Note From PDE:
In fall 2022, the Department will make available Building Level Scores comprised of Assessment, Growth, Attendance Rate, and Graduation Rate for the 21/22 SY, where the measures are applicable to the building.