1. Support – PA-ETEP has a robust collection of support and training materials. Comprehensive Getting Started articles and links are now available. View PA-ETEP Support Updates
2. PA-ETEP Overview for Teachers and NTPEs Slideshow – Included in the slideshow is information pertaining to registration, portal navigation, email notifications, SLOs, Formal Observations, Differentiated Observations, Walkthroughs, NTPE Observations, Anecdotal Notes, 82 Forms and Support. View PA-ETEP Overview Slideshow
3. Getting Started Links – Each major process and workflow has a Getting Started link. Look for the blue Getting Started links inside each module.
4. Attachment Module – The Attachment Module affords users (teachers, NTPEs, and supervisors) the ability to attach files where ever they add a comment. Learn more
5. Nontenured Role – School district admin users (portal mangers) can add the nontenured role to their teachers and NTPEs. By adding the nontenured role to a user’s account, nontenured users can be identified and sorted on the Supervision Management page. Learn more
6. Self-Assessment Rubric – When you start a Formal Observation or Differentiated Observation for an NTPE, the self-assessment rubric that is presented/available to the user is discipline specific (i.e., school counselor, school nurse, school psychologist, behavior specialist, etc.).
7. SLO Teacher Expectations Preset Management Tool – School district admin users (portal mangers) can create default percentages for their teacher SLO expectations. Learn more
8. Change Evaluator Feature – All supervisors (School District Admin, Building Principal, and NTPE Supervisors) can change the assigned evaluator for open items by clicking on the gear icon located to the left of the supervisor's name.
9. Change School Year Feature – All supervisors (School District Admin, Building Principal, and NTPE Supervisors) can change the school year on items by clicking on the gear icon located to the left of the school year.
10. Reset Password Feature – Forgot your password? All users can easily reset their password in a secure and efficient manner. Click “Login”, then “Reset Password” to see how.
11. Roll Back/Change the Status of an SLO - Supervisors can roll back SLO's to the previous step by clicking on the gear icon located to the left of the SLO status.
12. Assign or Remove Users from a Building - Supervisors can move staff to a different building or remove them from a building. Learn more