As you prepare for the new school year, we wanted to provide you with some quick tips that will help you hit the ground running this Fall. Please take a look below at the list of suggestions for administrative users to review and complete prior to the start of the new school year.
- 82 Forms - Complete all 82 forms for the 2020-21 school year. Note - Due to the COVID-19 situation, PDE enacted Act 13 (2019-20) and Act 136 (2020-21), announcing that professional employee evaluations for the 2019-20 and 2020-21 school years will be based solely upon evidence from Observation and Practice. To learn more review the support article Completing 82 Forms for the 19-20 and 20-21 School Year.
- Building Assignments - Change building assignments for teachers who will be moving to a different building in the Fall.
- Retiring Teachers - Move retired employees to an Archive building in order to inactivate them (i.e., no need to remove their roles).
- Name Changes - Update newly married names, emails, and usernames simply by clicking on Support and submitting the details via a New Support Ticket. Note: If you are a Comply user, you can easily update usernames, emails, and last names in Comply and it will automatically update it in PAETEP.
- Non-Tenured Professionals - Update Users’ Non-tenured status/role.
- Pre-Sets - Update/create SLO and Teacher Specific Rating Calculator and Pre-sets for next school year.
- Role Changes - Make any role assignment changes for individual users moving into a new position.
- New Teachers - Have new teachers self-register on your portal. Note - If your district uses both PAETEP and COMPLY, we recommend new users register on the PAETEP portal first, as once registered an account will be automatically created in COMPLY.
- New Supervisors and Administrators - Create accounts for any new supervisors (building principal or NTPE Supervisor).
- Dynamic Reports - Review Dynamic Reports to see how many SLO's, Walkthroughs, Formals, Differentiated, NTPEs, Anecdotal Notes and 82 forms have been completed and/or are in progress and determine component areas of strength and growth across the district and/or within individual building (Dynamic Reports Solution Article).
Note - During the 2019-2020 school year, PAETEP added the online educator role to ALL teacher accounts, giving districts the option to use the online educator rubric when teaching remotely. When new teachers register, the role will automatically be added to their account.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Support team for assistance. From your PATEP portal, simply click on the Support link and submit a New Support Ticket.
For a complete list of our FAQs, click here.
For a Refresher on PA-ETEP, listen to our latest Refresher Webinar: