As you prepare for the new school year, we wanted to provide you with some quick tips that will help you hit the ground running this Fall. Please take a look below at the list of suggestions for administrative users to review and complete prior to the start of the 22-23 school year.
- 13 Rating Forms - Complete all 13 forms for the 2021-22 school year. Note - Supervisors can begin working on Annual 13-1, 13-2 and 13-3 forms, but most forms will not be able to be finalized until the Fall when PDE releases 2021-22 Student Performance Data (building scores and student achievement results). Learn more - Completing Act 13 Rating Forms
- Student Performance Measure (SPM) - According to Act 13, teachers should complete an LEA Selected Measure each year. PDE is encouraging districts to transition their teachers to the Student Performance Measure (SPM) template for their LEA Selected Measure as the SPM template is intended to be more rigorous than the SLO, and the SPM allows teachers to complete SPMs that are quantitative and/or qualitative in nature. However, LEAs may still choose the SLO template as their LEA Selected Measure for teachers to complete each year. Learn more - LEA Selected Measure - Student Performance Measure (SPM)
- IEP Goals Progress - According to Act 13, some teachers are required to complete an IEP Goals Progress each year. A teacher should consult their district regarding the established 'n' count to determine if they are required to complete an IEP Goals Progress at the beginning of each school year. Note - The requirement to complete an IEP Goals Progress is in addition to the requirement to complete a SPM. Learn more - IEP Goals Progress.
- Building Assignments - Change building assignments for teachers who will be moving to a different building in the Fall. If the 13 annual rating form is not completed, it is best to leave the teacher in their current building, however, they can also be added to a new building. That is, users can be housed in two buildings. Learn more - Change Building Assignments.
- Retiring Teachers - Move retired employees to an Archive building in order to inactivate them (i.e., no need to remove their roles). Learn more - Archiving Users.
- Name Changes - Update newly married names, emails, and usernames simply by clicking on Support and submitting the details via a New Support Ticket. Note: If you are a Comply user, you can easily update usernames, emails, and last names in Comply and it will automatically update it in PAETEP.
- Non-Tenured Professionals - Update the non-tenured status of users. Learn more - Non-Tenured Role.
- Role Changes - Make any role assignment changes for individual users moving into a new position. Learn more - Role Assignment Changes.
- New Teachers - Have new teachers self-register on your portal. Note - If your district uses both PAETEP and COMPLY, we highly recommend that new users register on the PAETEP portal first, as once registered an account will be automatically created in COMPLY.
- New Supervisors and Administrators - Create accounts for any new supervisors. Learn more - Adding Building Principals or Adding NTPE Supervisors. Share training resources - Getting Started for Supervisors.
- Dynamic Reports - Review Dynamic Reports to see how many SPM's, Walkthroughs, Formals, Differentiated, NTPEs, Anecdotal Notes and 13 forms have been completed and/or are in progress. Determine component areas of strength and growth across the district and/or within individual buildings. Learn more - Dynamic Reports.
NOTE: It is important to understand the changes in Educator Effectiveness under Act 13 and how PAETEP is used in the evaluation of Teachers, NTPEs and Principals/Supervisors. Learn more - What Educators Should Know about Act 13 and PAETEP.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Support team for assistance. From your PATEP portal, simply click on the Support link and submit a New Support Ticket.
Need more support articles. Learn more - PAETEP FAQs.